Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Two Cookie Minimum Anniversary Messages (Part 3)



Today is Part 3 in the series of Two Cookie Minimum Anniversary Messages. This note is an anonymous submission. Its pretty awesome message being that this person noted the most obvious thing about the reading: the free cookies. 

Each month, I make sure to honor the namesake Two Cookie Minimum by providing free cookies to the audience. This tradition grew out of the humble beginnings when the series was hosted at Fritz Pastry. Initially I wanted to make sure people supported the bakery so I named the reading as such to prompt sales of cookies. When I moved the series to the Hungry Brain, I felt cookies had to move too. Now each month there are free cookies (always vegan unless a patron brings in some cookies as a good samaritan) and sometimes they're homemade.What might be considered a gimmick is fine with me, b/c its a very tasty one.


This drawing reminds me of an episode of Full House where Uncle Jesse is volunteering at Michelle's school and for snack time he hands out out animal crackers, "you get an elephant, you get something with its head cut off". 

There's more messages to come so check back over the next few weeks for new posts.
Hope you enjoy them.

Best,
Johnny Misfit

What the meaning of all this? During July's Two Cookie Minimum reading, which was the series' 4 year anniversary, attendees and readers were given the prompt, "When I think of Two Cookie Minimum...". These are those responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment