Monday, August 4, 2014

Two Cookie Minimum Anniversary Messages (part 16 FINALE)



This is it! For the big finish, here is Part16 in the series of Two Cookie Minimum Anniversary Messages. 
The message was an anonymous submission. I have been playing Sherlock for some of the messages. At times I know the person's artwork, wording or tone. I feared was from zinester Dave Roche. I confirmed my assumptions by emailing him.

So I want to talk about Dave Roche for a minute. Dave's is a bit of a wild card. He's been a regular at the series, has read quite a few times (one of those times he did an ad lib reading of stories about his family). He's got a great stage presence and can tell a story like no one else. He's got charisma and a never ending collection of stories. Dave is the kind of reader that you'll find booked at Two Cookie. Without performers like him, the series wouldn't be as well rounded as it is. So thank all your writers and artists who have performed making the series into what it is. I look forward to the next year where I can welcome even more talent to share the stage.

Ok now onto the final message. Its a doozy.

                                    Two is the minimum for anything as far as I'm concerned. 

And there you have it. Thanks to all those who wrote these messages, really couldn't have done it without you. And thanks to all of you for reading. Hope you enjoyed them.

Tomorrow is August 5th meaning Two Cookie Minimum is back at the Hungry Brain, 2319 W Belmont, 9pm. Free cookies and great readers.  Hope to see you out there.

Best,
Johnny Misfit

What the meaning of all this? During July's Two Cookie Minimum reading, which was the series' 4 year anniversary, attendees and readers were given the prompt, "When I think of Two Cookie Minimum..." These are those responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment